Cypress View Lodge Price LisHelp at Home
Home Care Packages (HCPs) are delivered on a consumer directed care basis. Consumer directed care packages give you more control and choice about the type of support and services you access, how the support is delivered and who delivers it to you.
Your individually tailored package will be developed around the support goals that you have identified.
The Care Coordinator will work with you to develop an individual budget. You will receive a monthly statement telling you what you have spent your funding on and what funding you have available to spend.
Your Care Coordinator will tailor your support to assist you to continue to do the tasks that you need to do to live at home.
Where possible, we will support you to get back to doing the things that you previously did but are currently unable to do, or need assistance with.
Your Home Care Package will include the following:
- Personal Care; such as showering, dressing, mobility, meal preparation and eating and fitting sensory communication aids.
- Support services; such as help with laundry, house cleaning, gardening, basic home maintenance, home modifications (related to your care needs) and transport to help you do shopping, visit your doctor or attend social activities.
- Clinical care; nursing, allied health and other therapies.
- Other services; such as remote monitoring technology (where appropriate) and assertive technology, including devices that assist mobility, communication and personal safety where these services are identified in your care plan.
Fees are determined in accordance with the Australian Government and are assessed according to the client’s income and level of essential living expenses by the Department of Human Services (Centrelink) and by agreement with the client or client’s representative.
Basic daily fee
The basic daily fee for a home care package is 17.5% of the single person rate of the basic age pension. From 20th September 2020, the single rate of the basic age pension is $952.70 per fortnight, making the basic daily fee (from 20 March 2021 to 19 September 2021):
Level 1: $9.72 per day; or $136.08 per fortnight
Level 2: $10.28 per day; or $143.92 per fortnight
Level 3: $10.57 per day; or $147.98 per fortnight
Level 4: $10.85 per day; or $151.90 per fortnight
Depending on your income, you may be asked by your service provider to contribute more to the cost of your care. This extra amount is known as an ‘income-tested care fee’. This fee is in addition to the basic daily fee.
You cannot be asked to pay an income-tested care fee if you have a yearly income below the following:
- individual person – $28,048.80
- member of a couple but now separated due to illness (individual income) – $27,528.80
- member of a couple living together (single rate) – $21,762.00.
Department of Human Services (Centrelink) works out the income-tested care fee based on an assessment of your financial information. The assessment does not include the value of your home or any other assets.
Service Price Schedule
Information provided in this schedule includes indicative costs for the range of services offered.